Thursday, November 5, 2009

New gig

 Much of my 'excuse' for not posting relates to getting started with the NASA Goddard Web team in my new role there as a CMS monkey. 

It's really a weak excuse, however, as most of my time is spent Web surfing (albeit doing some legitimate research on Goddard's target audience), and navigating the complex process of getting a gate pass and appeasing the security people.  Apparently this involves convincing some Web program I'm not a terrorist nor have I ever been one. 

In the meantime, it's been a good opportunity to think about continuing my education and catching up on some 60+ blogs focused on Web 2.0, new media, space, science, astronomy, etc.

I probably could have used lots of company time to blog about the process of joining the company, but that would feel kinda hinky - not to mention I'd have to disclaim it as an in-kind contribution or face the Constitution-smoking wrath of the -smokin FTC.

The Tick

"Gravity is a harsh mistress!"